1 ml of the preparation contains:
Cefquinoma sulfate – 25 mg.
Suspension of white color with yellow or brown tint.
Pharmacological properties :
Antibiotic of the fourth generation cephalosporins group. It acts bactericidally against gram-positive bacteria – Clostridium spp., Corynebacterium spp., Staphylococcus spp., Streptococcus spp. (serogroup A, B and C) and gram-negative bacteria – Escherichia coli, Enterobacter spp., Erysipelotrix rhusiopathiae, Citrobacter spp., Haemophilus spp., Klebsiella spp., Pasteurella haemolytica (Mannheimia haemolytica), Pasteurella multocida, Proteus spp.., Salmonella spp., Arcanobacterium pyogenes, Bacillus spp., Bacteroides spp., Fusobacterium spp., Prevotella spp., Actinobacillus spp., Serratia marcescens, including those producing beta-lactamases.
The mechanism of action is based on the suppression of bacterial cell synthesis. Cefquinom rapidly penetrates into the bacterial cell and is highly resistant to beta-lactamases. Unlike cephalosporins of previous generations, it is not hydrolysed by chromosome-encoded cephalosporinases of Amp-C type or plasmid-mediated cephalosporinases of some enterobacteria.
After administration of cattle dose 1 mg per 1 kg of body weight cefquin enters the bloodstream and reaches the maximum concentration of 2 mg/ml in serum after 1.5-2 hours. After administration of 2 mg per 1 kg of body weight dose to pigs the maximum concentration of 4.8 mg/ml in serum is reached in 20-60 minutes and remains at the therapeutic level for 24 hours.
Cefquin binds poorly with plasma proteins (less than 5%), so it penetrates into cerebrospinal and synovial fluids. After 12 hours of administration to pigs, its concentration in cerebrospinal fluid is the same as in plasma. Cefquin is relatively quickly excreted with urine mainly in unchanged form (half-life in cattle is 2-2.5 hours, in pigs – 9 hours).
How to use and doses :
Before use, the bottle with the drug is thoroughly shaken and injected deep intramuscularly, once a day in the next doses:
– cattle – 2 ml per 110lb (50 kg) body weight (1 mg of cephquinoma per 2.2lb (1 kg) body weight), course – 3-5 days, in case of mastitis – 2 injections with 24 hours interval;
– calves – 4 ml per 110lb (50 kg) body weight (2 mg of cephquinoma per 2.2lb (1 kg) body weight), course – 3-5 days.
– pigs – 2 ml per 55lb (25 kg) body weight (2 mg of cephquinoma per 2.2lb (1 kg) body weight), course – 3 days, in case of MMA syndrome – 2 injections at an interval of 24 hours;
– piglets – 2 ml per 55lb (25 kg) body weight (2 mg cephquinoma per 2.2lb (1 kg) body weight), course – 5 days;
– dogs and cats – 0.5 ml per 11lb (5 kg) body weight (2.5 mg cefquinoma per 2.2lb (1 kg) body weight), course – 2-5 days.
To prevent local reaction, it is desirable to change the place of administration every time.
After the last application of the preparation slaughtering of cattle is allowed for meat in 5 days, pigs – in 3 days.
People can eat milk in 24 hours or after two milks. Meat and milk, received earlier, are disposed or fed to unproductive animals, depending on the conclusion of the veterinarian.
Treatment of animals with diseases caused by microorganisms sensitive to cefquin:
– cattle – respiratory diseases caused by Pasteurella multocida, Mannheimia haemolytica, interfinger dermatitis of bacterial etiology, purulent subodermitis, necrobacteriosis, septicemia and mastitis, including those caused by E. coli;
– calves – esherichiosis (colibacillosis)
– pigs – respiratory diseases caused by Pasteurella multocida, Haemophillus parasuis, Actinobacillus pleuropneumaniae, Streptococcus suis, MMA syndrome (mastitis methythritis agalactium) caused by E. coli, Staphylococcus spp., Streptococcus spp. etc;
– piglet – meningitis caused by Streptococcus suis, arthritis caused by Streptococcus spp., E. Coli, etc., epidermitis caused by Staphylococcus hyicus;
– dogs, cats – respiratory and skin diseases, mastitis, meningitis, arthritis, cystitis, urethritis, etc..
Do not prescribe to animals with hypersensitivity to cephalosporins and other beta-lactam antibiotics and with body weight less than 2.7lb (1.25 kg).
Do not use simultaneously with other drugs of bacteriostatic action due to possible decrease of bactericidal activity of the preparation.
Storage conditions :
In a dry, dark place inaccessible for children, at temperatures between 39-77F (+2 to +25 ° C).
After opening the bottle, store the preparation in the refrigerator and use it for 28 days.
Do not freeze!
Shelf life – 2 years.
There are no reviews yet.