1 ml of the preparation contains
active ingredient: Florfenicol 100 mg.
Fluorinated phenycol is a derivative of thiamphenicol, in which the hydroxyl group is replaced by the fluorine atom, causing its antibacterial activity against acetyltransferasosynthesizing bacteria, which are sensitive to chloramphenicol.
It is a bacteriostatic synthetic drug with a broad spectrum of action.
Florfenicol inhibits protein synthesis in bacterial cells. In protoplasm, it binds to 70S-ribosomal subunits, in which the enzymatic activity of peptidyl transferase is reduced, and thus slows down protein synthesis in ribosomes of corresponding bacteria.
Florfenicol acts against Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria, namely Escherichia coli, Pasteurelia multocida, Salmonella spp., Haemo¬philus spp., Proteus spp.., Staphylococcus spp., Streptococcus spp., Shigella spp., Klebsiella spp., Enterobacter spp., Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae, Bordetella bronchiseptica, Mycoplasma hyopneumoniae, Mycoplasma hyorhinis, Salmonella cholerae suis, Streptococcus suis and others.
– for the treatment of poultry colisepticaemia, pasteurellosis, respiratory diseases of bacterial etiology in birds, including those caused by Ornitobacterium rhinotracheaie, staphyllococcosis and other infectious diseases caused by microorganisms sensitive to florfenicol and secondary bacterial infections;
– for the treatment of pigs with respiratory diseases of bacterial etiology: pleuropneumoniae caused by Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae and/or Haemophilus parasuis, atrophic rhinitis caused by Pasteurella multocida, Bordetella bronchiseptica, and other infectious diseases of pigs of bacterial etiology caused by florfenicol-sensitive microorganisms and secondary bacterial infections.
The drug is used orally with drinking water:
– for chickens aged up to 4 weeks – in a daily dose of 20 mg of florfenicol per 2.2lb (1 kg) of animal weight, which corresponds to 100 ml of the preparation per 100 liters of water;
– other age categories of poultry – 200 ml of the preparation per 100 liters of water for 3 days, and in salmonellosis – for 5 days;
– pigs orally with drinking water in daily dose of 5 mg of florfenicol per 2.2lb (1 kg) of live weight of the animal (which corresponds to 5 ml of preparation per 100 kg of live weight of the animal) during 7 days.
During the treatment period, animals should receive only water containing florphenicol.
When this is not possible, the daily dose is divided into two equal parts and set at 12 hours intervals.
It is not allowed to use the drug simultaneously with thiamphenicol or chloramphenicol, antibiotics of penicillins group, cephalosporins, fluoroquinolones due to possible occurrence of side effects and complications in animals.
It is forbidden to use the drug in sows whose egg is used for food purposes. It is forbidden to use the egg for animals that are hypersensitive to the drug, as well as for animals with severe renal and hepatic failure.
It is allowed to slaughter pigs for meat in 14 days, poultry – not earlier than 6 days after the last application of the preparation.
In case of forced slaughter of animals before the established term, the meat is used for feeding carnivorous animals.
Dry dark place, inaccessible for children at temperature from 41-86F (+ 5 ° C to + 30 ° C);
after opening at a temperature between 41-77F (+ 5 ° C to + 25 ° C).
Shelf life – 2 years from the date of manufacture.
Shelf life after opening the package – 28 days.
There are no reviews yet.